Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting of Creditors (341 Meeting)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Meeting of Creditors (341 Meeting)

@Anonymous wrote:

So, update. I had my MoC on 7/14. The meeting went well. No creditors were present. What I didn't like, though, were the other six people (and their attorney) that were in the room with me. They were six other debtors. I just thought, going in, that it would be me, my attorney, and the trustee (or in this case, trustee rep). This was the only part that I didn't care for...the audience thing. After my four minute questioning was done, me and my attorney had a quick side meeting. He said that I did really well answering the questions that the trustee rep asked. I mentioned the six other people in the room and he said, "Don't worry...you all are all in the same boat. Nothing to be ashamed or embarassed about." I discussed it with my mother as well and she said, "You are going to have to get over this and know that alot of people are going through this same thing and no one is judging you. Take care of your business, make your payments on time, and all will be well." My confirmation hearing is in a month.

Glad it went well.  Also sorry I forgot about that part.  Mine was worse there were a lot more than 6 in there.  We had our finance training before the meeting.

I agree with the Attorney you were all there for the same reason and they have no right to judge you.

Part of me agrees with your mom but I have only told a select few about this as I don't think everyone has a right to know.  You will also be amazed at how judgemental people can be towards stuff like this.  Only tell those who you can trust.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are so right about that. People can be very judgemental. Believe me, I have only told a FEW people.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You are so right about that. People can be very judgemental. Believe me, I have only told a FEW people.

Yeah I have talked to some people about finances and they flat out say they wish Bankruptcy was not an option and people should have to suffer (being a little harsh here but it is what it felt like).  I just tell them I spent the last 5-10 years digging myself out of a hole lol

Message 13 of 14
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

So glad your 341 went well! Mine is next Friday and I am freaking out!! Lol! And the others on here are right. People can be very judgmental. I ONLY told my parents and my boyfriend. I had no choice to tell my parents because my father is on my mortgage with me (I needed a cosigner due to income and bf having credit problems, but he pays the mortgage every month). I don't intend to tell another single soul. It's none of their business! Good luck with your journey and please keep us updated! Smiley Happy

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.