Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid Bankruptcy and Need New Housing!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid Bankruptcy and Need New Housing!

I filed for Chapter 7 banko on 3/25/16 and have my mtg coming up on 4/26/16.  Of course the first week in April my landlord decided that he is going to sell the house I live in so now I have to find a new place to rent by July 1st!  At least he gave me a longer notice period than he had to.  The problem is now I have filed and most placed won't touch me until my banko discharges which isn't until the very end of June and about 5 days before I have to move!!!!  I have no idea what to do!  As a single mom of 3 kids I really can't be homeless and have no family that I can move in with!  Someone please tell me they have some idea of what to do in this situation or where to look for housing!  Right now my scores are sitting at 504 for Equifax, 510 for TransUnion and 527 for Experian.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
neekosmith

Re: Mid Bankruptcy and Need New Housing!

I would suggest going with a landlord that owns a property vs a management company.  I was looking while my chapter 7 was pending and was able to find a landlord on craigslist that didn't care that my bankruptcy wasn't discharged.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
holmesnmanny
Contributor

Re: Mid Bankruptcy and Need New Housing!

@neekosmith wrote:

I would suggest going with a landlord that owns a property vs a management company.  I was looking while my chapter 7 was pending and was able to find a landlord on craigslist that didn't care that my bankruptcy wasn't discharged.  Good luck!

You might want to just rent a room out with someone that doesn't care about your credit. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.