Valued Member
jcknight007

Mortgage after CH7

My Ch7 was discharged last month. I have a good income and credit is now perfect with the exception of the BK. FHA won't look at me for two years. Banks and CUs want 4 years. Does anyone have any advice to offer on how to possibly get a mortgage loan? Right now I'm talking with a bank about some foreclosures they have. They say it's "possible". Really want out of this apartment. Any ideas?

Established Contributor
SoulMaster

Re: Mortgage after CH7

Read the new FHA "Back to Work" guidelines.  You can buy in a year if you fit them.

Patience though, or you'll wind up hosed... stay in the apartment for at least a year... you'll need 3.5%-20% to put down anyway + closing costs.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 8/2/13: EX 710, EQ 691, TU 709, all 3 LP for a Mortgage (TriMerge Report)
Goal Score: 700+ FICO across the board w/ my BK still on there (until 8/2020) - I think they're all already there... haven't had a bank pull a trimerge in quite a while.
Valued Member
jcknight007

Re: Mortgage after CH7

Awesome. Thank you. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+