Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage modification after ch. 7 BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage modification after ch. 7 BK

Hi, I applied for a loan modification in Nov. 2011 and while this process was ongoing I filed for chapter 7 BK in march 2012. I DID NOT reaffirm any debt! I was discharged in june 2012. I started the trial period in May 2012, the permanent modification papers came in July. By signing and returning these papers did I reaffirm my debt on this mortgage? If I decide to walk away from the home am I responsible for the mortgage balance and secondary note? I have read many posts , but could not find any with my particular issue. Any help/advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage modification after ch. 7 BK

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I applied for a loan modification in Nov. 2011 and while this process was ongoing I filed for chapter 7 BK in march 2012. I DID NOT reaffirm any debt! I was discharged in june 2012. I started the trial period in May 2012, the permanent modification papers came in July. By signing and returning these papers did I reaffirm my debt on this mortgage? If I decide to walk away from the home am I responsible for the mortgage balance and secondary note? I have read many posts , but could not find any with my particular issue. Any help/advice appreciated.

I think you need to contact your BK attorney and have him review the modification paperwork you signed to answer that question.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.