Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage on Credit Report

My Chapter 13 was discharged in October 09.  I am current with my mortgage and paid outside the plan.   If they report anything they have to report accurately, is what I understand.  They report my mortgage balance is $0 and  NO mortgage is identified IN my types of credit usage.  They have wiped out ALL good history prior to the bankruptcy (I always paid them on time)    Next to the account Mortgage line it says $0 balance but I have 44,000 balance.

Plus it doesn't say discharged.     It lists my credit as 2 revolving (correct)    0 Mortgages and 0 Installment loans.   In other words I am not getting anything for having prior good history or even HAVING a mortgage, they were never even IN the Chapter 13 plan, yet there is a big RED flag next to their trade line and ZERO balance.   Can they do this?  They have already told me they won't report on my credit history anymore, but they can't report inaccurately, if they report anything, right?

Status as of

Nov, 2009 Date opened Jul, 1992 Recent activity Oct, 2009 Date Closed Not Reported Account # XXXXXX0139 Loan type Conventional Real Estate Mortgage Largest Past balance $64,700 Terms 360 Monthly Account type Mortgage Account  Individual Account Scheduled monthly payment $ correctly listed 

CHAPTER 13 Bankruptcy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage on Credit Report

Welcome to the forums!

You mentioned that it reports twice? How does the other report? This doesn't say revolving and isn't helping or hurting your revolving util.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage on Credit Report

I am in a similar situation and would like to know how the mortgage should be reported by the credit agencies.  I filed chapter 13 in September 04.  The mortgage was current at the time and not included in the Chapter 13 payments.  On the case filing, the mortgage company is listed as on going payments.  We have made every payment on time since then.  Also the Chapter 13 was completed and discharged two years ago.  Experian lists the mortgage discharged in bankruptcy with a zero balance which is not accurate.  Transunion does not list the mortgage account at all.  Equifax seems to have it about right.  Anyway, what is the right way for an account like this to be reported.  I personally think it should list it as current, paid as agreed, with the right balance, payment history, and payment amounts.  Also I don't think the word Bankruptcy should be listed in the account anywhere since not one dime came from the trustee and not one payment was ever missed.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.