Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chapter 7 Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chapter 7 Recovery

I have to say without this forum I probably wouldnt have been able to accomplish what I have this far 3 months from discharge. Long story short I made some mistakes when I was younger, lost my job in 2012 and went down hill from there. It took me a year to decided wheither filing was right for me or not, but once I was being sued and about to have my wages garnished I filed in Feb of 2015. I had very little experience with credit cards, I had 2 when I was younger like 18 or so and just ran them up didnt pay them back and so on., tried to rebuild in 2011 and 2012 then lost the job. Fast forward to now, I finally make a liveable wage and learned how to manage my finances.

Applied for Credit One April 2015>>approved for $300

Applied to Capital One April 2015>> approved for the secured card, platinum $300 and the QS 1 $300 which have grown to $800 cl each right now

Discharged June 12th 2015

Applied to NFCU July 2015>> approved for Nrewards $1000, applied for other cards with them all were denied

Applied to Mariner Finance>> approved for a $1500 installment loan, apr is  high but will be paid off with next bonus check

Applied to Barclays August 2015>> approved for the Rewards card for $1,000

Applied to my local credit union August 2015>> approved for a card for $500

Applied for the Kohl's card>>approved for $300

Student loans rehabbed last year 

Car Loan from 2014 maintained through chapter 7 never been late

I have racked up alot of inquires, but I have the cards I want for now and managing multiple accounts very well. I am in the garden now atleast for a year to a year and a half. I hope all these accounts will grow nicely. Never did I think i would have this much credit, maybe alittle to fast who knows, average age of accounts has dropped to 2 years.   

Current scores

TransUnion 631, luckly the public record is now showing, one collection account left have had no luck goodwilling or anything

Experian 645

Equifax 644

Thank you everyone for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Chapter 7 Recovery

Congrats on your journey! Good luck in the days ahead. Hopefully your Cap1 cards will see some CLI luv soon.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Chapter 7 Recovery

I was able to get a $500 cli after the 3rd statement cut for both unsecured, should get the steps cli soon. Need to get out of the few hundred dollar range limits

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.