cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

I don't understand this at all. I pulled my FICO scores from this site on 2/5/09. My TU report showed my score at 620. I cleaned up a lot of things on it so I decided to purchase a new FICO from TU today (3/8/09). My score has DROPPED to 595 and it now shows that my most recent late payment was 2 months ago!! I printed off BOTH reports and they are IDENTICAL, except for the section "What's Hurting Your FICO Score", where it shows my late payment of 2 months ago. I have not had any late pays since my BK in 2006 and when I compare all the details of all the accounts, nothing has changed or shows late. How can this be correct? What am I missing? Someone please help? What should I do?

edited thread title only
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2009 03:27 PM
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Fico Problem...Please help! Acct IIB now updating.

Something has had to change.  Either something considered derog or possible rebucketing.

Which account is showing late 2 months ago?

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2009 03:28 PM
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the problem. Not ONE account has changed. I went through every single detailed account and they are all IDENTICAL. How is that possible?
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2009 03:28 PM
Message 3 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Am I dreaming, or does this occasionally happen with TU --phantom lates? I could swear there was a big deal going on with this about a half year ago.

OP, give myFICO customer service a call on Monday morning, and see if they can figure out what's going on. (They're closed on Sundays.)

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm PST
Sat 7am to 4pm PST

It says Pacific Standard, but I'm assuming that they went Daylight with most of the rest of us.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2009 03:29 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU hauling!!  I will call them FIRST thing tomorrow morning! That just totally devistated me! Not only have I been cleaning up my report, but I've also had b* Smiley Happy I went from 8 inq to 3 as of today. I really hope this is just something in their system.
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I've done more research. This HAS to be wrong. I pulled my ACTUAL TU report and it shows NOTHING late sine 2006. On MYFICO report it shows the last missed payment of 2 months ago, but when looking at each item, not one shows late since 2006. I read some threads here about phantom lates showing up. Is this what's happening here? I will call them tomorrow, but can they fix it and will they know it's a mistake?
Message 6 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have any CO'd accounts or CAs? Look on the "updated date" or "reported" date or DOLA. I bet you'll see a date from 1/2009. If so, then that is the answer.
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. My oldest CO's are from 2006 when I had my BK. And there are no new CA's. There are some reporting updated on Jan 09, but these are all CURRENT accounts and have never been late.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-09-2009 03:30 PM
Message 8 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not really referring to new ones, but rather to old CAs and charge-offs. If you had a CA or CO update from 2003 this past January, for example, you would have a two-month old late. Also look at the PR's date that was last reported.
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not showing anything like that. I have one collection account that shows Date Assigned 9/2005, Date Reported 6/2007, Date Paid 9/2006, Date Closed 9/2006. That's it for collections. I have a bunch of closed CC's from before my BK in 2006 that are updating every month (Status as of March 2009) but no activity and no balance and no late and most of those had no balance prior to BK, but were closed by the OC (such as Target and Sears). These are no different than last month though with the current status showing as of February. Is there a way to find out which one they are reporting as 2 months late? I've compared everything and nothing shows late.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.