Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey (BK CH7)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Journey (BK CH7)

Update to my BK (CH7)

Good Day! Before I begin with my update, I want to give "thanks" to the many contributors who keep this forum "alive" with pertinent information by responding to the many postings. Without "YOU" there is no "US"! Again, thank you! Major "kudos"!!

After I filed my BK (09/09/2015), I came across this amazing forum (myfico), and enjoy reading the many questions / answers people post. I decided to give my story, and hope this provides some insight to my journey.

Because of an unforeseen circumstance, I had no choice but to file for a BK (CH7), after years of amazing credit history. I was advised to stop making payments (08/01/14) to my creditors, except my home (rent), and vehicle. After taking care of the outstanding issue, I was able to proceed with my BK (CH7) on 09/09/15. As you can imagine my credit scores took a dive, rock bottom! Across the board with all three credit reporting agencies, low 400s. Smiley Sad

Here is where I stand as of today:

During my time waiting for my discharge (around 12/18/15), I have been cleaning up my credit reports (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion). I've made sure everything indicated "zero" balance, and closed. There were three collections being reported, and I was successful with having them removed. I've been able to obtain a secured American Express (via USAA), a savings builder loan (via SafeCU), and secured Visa (via Open Sky). Prior to apply for any credit, I asked my attorney if I was able to. My attorney stated as long as they are secured accounts (as I'm not discharged, yet), it would be okay. I wanted to get a kick start with rebuilding my credit.

As of today, my scores are: EX 661 - EQ 662 - TU 645 (via Credit Check)

Going to do some major gardening in 2016!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Journey (BK CH7)

Sounds like you've done all you can. Wishing you the best through the process!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your progress! Keep it up and pass on all the knowledge you have both learned from here and on your own for others. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Great that its almost finished!
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooooo I envy you! LOL! Congrats on your early jumpstarting your rebuilding!!! Keep going! I am pretty much like you (I had 800+ FICO scores coupe years ago only to be ruined by divorce!).

Cheers!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.