Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journey- almost 1 year post Chapter 7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Journey- almost 1 year post Chapter 7 discharge

@ Huxley you are more than welcome!

You are almost there, congrats! I'm glad to hear that you are spending a lot of time on this forum, you'll get the information that you need to plan a strong rebuild. I spend a few hours each week reading posts and continuing my education. There is so much to learn. 

Let us know when you receive your discharge so we can celebrate and if you have any questions before or after, don't be afraid to post!

This forum and my notebook have become two of my very best friends!!

Take care! Smiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!seedling-transparent.png

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks LShan82, really appreciate it!

Smiley Happy

07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!seedling-transparent.png

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a ton for posting this...I know someone that can benefit to hearing about your journey. I will pass this on!

It's the hearing of others stories that gave me the drive to start the learning process...this is possible!

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to MyFico Liquid_Movz!

You are very welcome and if you have the opportunity to read the wealth of info that this community shares, you will be well on your way. 

I actually think that building the credit profile of our dreams, whether we are starting fresh or rebuilding is far more than possible, it's probable. For instance, it's possible that I can go to the moon, but it's probable that I can rebuild my credit, better and stronger than ever with a vision and a plan. It's far more exciting to rebuild than I could have ever imagined. I have so much more information due to the sharing that happens here and my decisions are far better this time around (well, most of them lol).

We're so glad that you've joined us and I look forward to following your journey and celebrating your success!!

Smiley Happy

Total Revolving Credit Lines January 2016: $2600
Total Revolving Credit Lines January 2017: $148K
01/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-703, EX-673
Advantis CU Siggy Visa $25K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600> $22K, NFCU CLOC $15K, NFCU Go Rewards Visa $5,500, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, PenFed Platinum Rewards Siggy Visa $5500, Redi+ Siggy Visa $5K, SPGVisa $4,500, Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Good Sam Visa $1800, Discover $1800>$2K>$2300, Lowes $6K>$17K, Overstock $7K>$7300>$7700, Evine $1K>$5K, HSN $3750, PenFed Thrifty $500, That's right...Credit One Visa is G-O-N-E!

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to MyFico Liquid_Movz!

You are very welcome and if you have the opportunity to read the wealth of info that this community shares, you will be well on your way. 

I actually think that building the credit profile of our dreams, whether we are starting fresh or rebuilding is far more than possible, it's probable. For instance, it's possible that I can go to the moon, but it's probable that I can rebuild my credit, better and stronger than ever with a vision and a plan. It's far more exciting to rebuild than I could have ever imagined. I have so much more information due to the sharing that happens here and my decisions are far better this time around (well, most of them lol).

We're so glad that you've joined us and I look forward to following your journey and celebrating your success!!

Smiley Happy

Thanks 

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Liquid_Movz...MyFico is 'The Real Deal'!

I was wondering if you have considered joining Navy Federal Credit Union yet? They have played a huge part as I start to build my portfolio.

Congrats on the amazing success you've had at PenFed!

Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is my next membership/app...Joined NLUS (SD Chapter) 1/14, waiting for the mail on final docs and getting my SS card for 2 piece ID verification. I am planning to start the reading on data points on them tonight.

Any chance you have an idea on CRA they pull initially? I thought it was TU based on some stuff I have read thus far...but just saw someone saying EQ (Which is my strong and only file...) - was thinking I had to wait until my new accounts started scoring on TU, but if it's EQ I am ready as soon as my NLSD card hits...

Any head start towards info would help...

Thanks WD

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU is my next membership/app...Joined NLUS (SD Chapter) 1/14, waiting for the mail on final docs and getting my SS card for 2 piece ID verification. I am planning to start the reading on data points on them tonight.

Any chance you have an idea on CRA they pull initially? I thought it was TU based on some stuff I have read thus far...but just saw someone saying EQ (Which is my strong and only file...) - was thinking I had to wait until my new accounts started scoring on TU, but if it's EQ I am ready as soon as my NLSD card hits...

Any head start towards info would help...

Thanks WD

TU for membership (not used for any credit products), TU or EQ for CC(hard to predict which), and EQ for anything else

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should have your membership 'welcome' email from NLSD soon. I didn't wait for hard copies in the mail, just included a copy of the confirmation email when I did my initial app. Save yourself a headache and fax in the app, documents and your identification. It worked easy-peasy for me.

I know NFCU can pull a lot (and for every product) but they are great for rebuilders and people who are just starting their profiles.  They pulled EQ and TU for me when I joined and applied for my 1st Visa this last September but the latest thread that Credit Addict has going should give you a good idea. I would app them anyway because you can always recon via secured email if it comes to that.

We have a friend whose daughter joined and was offered a secured Visa. She was bummed but we all convinced her to take them up on the offer. She only had the card a few months before they removed the secured status and within a year she has a $10K card. Not bad for statring out with $500 of her own money!

When you app Navy, don't forget about apping for the CLOC as well. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU for membership (not used for any credit products), TU or EQ for CC(hard to predict which), and EQ for anything else

Thanks TH for the info!

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.