Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebuild Just Started and Now This?!

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

My Rebuild Just Started and Now This?!

Unfortunately, there's been an interesting turn of events.  My discharge hit my EQ credit report and it brought my score DOWN!  What the heck?!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: My Rebuild Just Started and Now This?!

No need to get discouraged.  This is going to happen quite a bit as you are just discharged and when rebuilding your credit.  Remember things only get better from here. Congrats on being discharged as well.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

Unfortunately, there's been an interesting turn of events.  My discharge hit my EQ credit report and it brought my score DOWN!  What the heck?!

It happens. Don't get down about it though. Score should be the absolute least of your worries right now. Worry about building a thick/healthy credit profile and the score will follow. Good luck Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 6
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Pway wrote:

No need to get discouraged.  This is going to happen quite a bit as you are just discharged and when rebuilding your credit.  Remember things only get better from here. Congrats on being discharged as well.

Thanks for the reminder.  After that long Ch. 13 I'm just anxious to rebuid and hit a decent score.  I tend to see any setback as dire and need reminding that it's not.

Message 4 of 6
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Scupra!  I have so many blessings, I need to remember not to let the little things bug me so much.  It's just that, when your score isn't the best, any little setback seems MAJOR!  On the plus side, I did get prequalified for 2 car loans, with my CU and Cap1 and that was my primary goal.  Decent rates for 6 days post discharge!  Now I'll have a mortgage, car loan, and couple of credit cards to beef up my credit file.

Message 5 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Like we always say, credit is a marathon not a race Smiley Happy I can look back and say to not worry about score, but I was once obsessed over score too haha! It will come, hang in there. Congrats on the auto loan approvals by the way.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.