Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Story

So I was discharged on October 7th and applied for and was approved for the following:

-Cap 1 QS - $500
-Cap 1 Platinum - $500
-NFCU Platinum - $500
-First Premier - $300
-Fingerhut - $230
-Kohls - $300
-Ashley Stewart - $250
-Firestone - $800

I'll be the first to admit that I got excited as I kept getting approved because it's been so long since that's happened for me and I definitely got carried away. There were several that I applied for and was denied such as WalMart, Target, VS, JC Penny and more. I started getting denials because of recent inquiries which obviously makes sense. I'm going to stop for 6-12 months and let these inquiries go away and keep working on my credit report but as of now everything seems to be fine. All accounts are reporting IIB and zero balance. I have old accounts that are showing as sold to collections (but those collections were included in bankruptcy) and some old accounts that were settled. Over the next 6 months I have 6 bad accounts falling off so that should help.

The one thing that confuses me is Credit one won't pre qualify me because of a past credit one account that was charged off. That is one of the accounts included in bankruptcy. The charge off still shows on the credit report and the collection was removed completely. That is reporting correctly right?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
danibaby89
Valued Member

Re: My Story

Way to go. I was discharged on 9/30 and no luck yet. Honestly I haven't really applied for anything except trying to get prequalified with Cap 1 and credit one but no luck. May I ask what your scores are ?  Did you burn Cap 1 in BK?

BK Chap 7 filed 6/27/14
341 Meeting 7/25/14
Discharged 9/30/14
Starting Score: 496
Current Score: 509 (Equifax)578 (Experian)
Goal Score: 700 ALL

Message 2 of 3
yoyo
Established Contributor

Re: My Story

Hello, my BK was discharged 8/2014. Capital One placed a hold on my checking account and garnished my payroll check.
In Sept /2014 I was approved for two Capital One $300 quick silver and $500 Plat...I was very surprised. I did file BK 6/2014 so I wold just wait
a month after the discharged date and apply for Capital One again.  I had a Credit One 10 years ago...charged off and when I called them I was informed I would never get another card from them...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.