Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My spouse filed and I didn't. How should it report

tag
flivai
Established Member

My spouse filed and I didn't. How should it report

I looked but couldn't find my answer so if it's on here I apologize in advance. If i have a joint line of credit and my spouse files BK CH7, how should the account report on my credit report? I didn't file BK.

We disputed the way the account is reporting on her credit report and the tradeline was deleted. But on my TransUnion it went from reporting IIB to CO.

If you know this answer please help me as I need this account removed from my report. Thank you all in advance.

Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: My spouse filed and I didn't. How should it report

I don't see how this can be removed from your report. If you are joint on this account, and didn't file BK, you are legally liable for the debt, and the creditor is reporting correctly if you have not paid the debt and it was charged off. Am I missing something?

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The person who filed the BK gets IIB reporting, the other gets a CO and it can be compunded with CAs and possibly a judgment for the total amount owed.

Message 3 of 4
flivai
Established Member

Ok, I think I left out some key information. The account was reporting on all 3 bureaus. The info as reporting didn't match across all 3. 2 of the bureaus deleted but the 3rd didn't.

I then requested documentation from the OC to prove the information they are reporting is accurate. I've yet to receive anything but a letter from them that they changed from IIB to CO. I was under the impression under the FCRA that if it's inaccurate or unverifiable that they can't report.

Equifax - 683
Transunion - 632
Experian - 675
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.