Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My story: about 6 months post bk7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My story: about 6 months post bk7

My BK was discharged in October 2015.This was caused primarily due to making poor credit decisions from age 18 and up,but also not being an informed, educated consumer.  After the bk I had a bank account and my car loan.Credit Score was in the very low 500's

Timeline (Applied and Approved for) - 
10/ 2015 -
* Capital One QS1 - initial CL: $300(as of today - 1500Limit)
* Capital One Platinum - intial CL: $300 (as of today 1300 limit)
December 2015 - 
* Victoria's Secret -$500
* Jcrew -$500
* Ny and co-300
February 2016-
 AFCU line of credit 1200

April 2016
* Barclay Rewards -850

Credit score 04/20/2016- experian 643, equifax 621, transunion 633. I do not revolve balances on any of my cards. I pay in full every month to avoid interest and I keep usage under 30%

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: My story: about 6 months post bk7

Congrats and thanks for sharing your story. My BK CH7 was recently discharged so I am also looking to rebuild. Looks like you are rebuilding quite nicely with the cards you listed. I am hoping to get back in with Cap One and Barclays in about 6 months or so. I burned both of them in my BK. It looks like you were about to obtain a couple of Cap One cards in the same month as your discharge. Did you burn Cap One in your BK? 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey and thanks. No i never did business with cap one or barclay prior to my bk however from the forms ive read they are pretty forgiving after bk 7, just keep checking yourself through the prequalifier

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I included Cap 1, I went Ch7 in Oct15; discharged in Jan16. A week or two after discharge I was able to get a Cap1 Platinum card with a decent CL.

My credit scores were aided by being an AU on my wife's CC (she was not include in BK and had good scores). 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Thanks for sharing your progress. Keep up the good work!

Message 5 of 8
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Hi 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. The credit union i listed is americas first credit union
Message 7 of 8
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Wow, I was right on the money on this one Ha Ha! Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.