cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS Trying to collect on 2 Cap 1 accounts INCLUDED in a 2003 Bankruptcy

tag
Beledona
Regular Contributor

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS Trying to collect on 2 Cap 1 accounts INCLUDED in a 2003 Bankruptcy

How did I know this?  I pulled my fico tu and eq and it was reported that I had made a late payment last month.  Hmm I looked high &  low and I couldn't figure it out.  I was given TU number and talked with someone there and she told me it was 2 cap one accounts which was now reporting closed as of Feb. 09. HMMM??? I was so sad so so sad because since I had when through the bankruptcy in 2003 I had paid off a few baddies and was able to open credit cards and wow when this was put on my report my score fell down to 588!!!  I was able dispute this once I got over the idea I was powerless.  I had read about this NCO company that buys old debts and will (THEY TRIED w me) to hound you by calling all times of the day and night. So because they bought this as a debt they will try to get you to pay it. I feel that I HAVE PAID a huge price already because having a bankruptcy on my credit report is a huge price. It tells everyone yes I screwed up and yes I couldn't pay my debts.  I have worked  and have made very single payment on time since except for a utility bill (different issue but still on my credit!)   So I have never snawed my phone because I didnt recognize the phone number. Now I know because of reading about this company how awful and abusive they can be!!! Yikes .  Well I got in the mail from TU that yes the 2 cap one accounts are included in the bankruptcy and will come off  my credit report this summer. GOSH!!! I just hope this company doesn't do any more hard pulls on my credit report.... I have mailed off to eqw a dispute and I will have to find a way to dispute experian ... PLease tell me if you had any experiences with this NCO Financial System!!! Thanks
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beledona
Regular Contributor

UPDATE ON THIS!!!: NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS accounts INCLUDED in a 2003 Bankruptcy

I disputed this and my fico score went from 590  to 665 Smiley Happy Those 2 account were reverted back to the original last active date. NCO had inquired and it changed the date to Feb 09 as a late payment. I was able to prove that these iems were inlcuded in the bankruptcy. Yeah!  Still working with equifax. I will dispute the equifax again!
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beledona
Regular Contributor

UPDATE ON THIS!!!: NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS accounts INCLUDED in a 2003 Bankruptcy

I disputed this and my fico score went from 590  to 665 Smiley Happy Those 2 account were reverted back to the original last active date. NCO had inquired and it changed the date to Feb 09 as a late payment. I was able to prove that these iems were inlcuded in the bankruptcy. Yeah!  Still working with equifax. I will dispute the equifax again!
Message 2 of 7
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE ON THIS!!!: NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS accounts INCLUDED in a 2003 Bankruptcy

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but can you please elaborate on how you were able to get it removed?  I have a similar situation right now.  This CA has picked up a debt that was included in BK in 2006 and they reported it as being opened in 2010 and now are calling me about it.  I called Verizon and verified that it was included in BK and right now I'm waiting on my BK lawyer to get me a copy of the BK so I can have it in writing.  His secretary said she would have to download it at .10 a page, I said no problem, go for it!  So hopefully I'll get that today.  

I disputed with the CRAs already and included the BK info and #.  I'm sure this is dragging my score down greatly since they just started reporting it this year and said it was from 2010, when in reality its already nearly 6 years old.

I'd appreciate any insight on what I should do to force them to remove it.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UPDATE ON THIS!!!: NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS accounts INCLUDED in a 2003 Bankruptcy

@diabla wrote:

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but can you please elaborate on how you were able to get it removed?  I have a similar situation right now.  This CA has picked up a debt that was included in BK in 2006 and they reported it as being opened in 2010 and now are calling me about it.  I called Verizon and verified that it was included in BK and right now I'm waiting on my BK lawyer to get me a copy of the BK so I can have it in writing.  His secretary said she would have to download it at .10 a page, I said no problem, go for it!  So hopefully I'll get that today.  

I disputed with the CRAs already and included the BK info and #.  I'm sure this is dragging my score down greatly since they just started reporting it this year and said it was from 2010, when in reality its already nearly 6 years old.

I'd appreciate any insight on what I should do to force them to remove it.

While the thread is 3 years old, OP was last on in this June. It'll be a long shot if they see this.

If you disputed without the BK docs, then I'd wait until the dispute concludes before considering any options. Maybe the CRA will see the BK and put two and two together.

Which field was showing the 2010 date? Was it the open date or DOLA? If so, that's normal. It refers to when the CA took over and DOLA can change with anything, like a payment, dispute, etc. I wouldn't worry about the date. I would worry about the TL though. I'm not knowledgable on BK rules, but I suspect if it was included they shouldn't be reporting.

Message 4 of 7
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I would dispute with the credit reporting agency and then send in the BK forms to back it up.  The only have a number of days to remove this item which isn't accurate. I found all the info I needed on how to do this with FICO forums. I typed  the basic search words like  NCO removal and saw what popped up.   Also the CA doesn't care if it was included in the BK if they think they can get you to pay it again. That is why you must have the paperwork to prove it was already included in the BK and that they are providing false info basically trying to re-start the collection as if it was new. It isn't.  I had so much help through the fico forums I felt fully prepared on how to deal with the pesky CA and NOW amazingly all of my scores are over the 700's and I am able to get credit almost anywhere. IT is always worth your effort to get your credit report corrected!!!! Good Luck! Hope it all works out for you!

Message 5 of 7
Beledona
Regular Contributor

I have also heard that cra are being held more responsible for the info that is put into a consumers credit report?  Hope fully you will get this info updated accurately. I check my credit report faithfully just because I have worked so hard on taking care of my credit . Since my BK in 2003 I have made very single payment ON TIME, that is over 400 payments on time.  I have followed all the basic rules about not maxing out my credit paying most of the stuff off and of course paying on time. It has helped my credit so much.  The FICO forums really are a wealth of info.  You can read about what others have done to improve their Fico scores and apply what has been proven to work.  So very thankful I had the FICO forums to read and glean the knowledge  to utilize while raising my scores.  I am nearly debt free and want to stay that way!

Message 6 of 7
diabla
Regular Contributor

Thanks both of you.  Yes, I got the papers from my BK atty and it does show the account listed and it was a Ch. 7 discharge.  It was a cell phone so it is listed under contracts, not in the schedule, but the atty said that does not matter..  I also confirmed with the OC that there is a note in my old account about it going to BK, but that's all she could tell me.  My BK papers do not show the account number, however, its the only account I've ever had with this cell phone company.

I have an appt with my atty next week to have him draft a letter, but if you guys think I should just contact the CRA and send them a copy of that single page from my BK? Would that be enough?  I thought I should let my atty contact the CA and have them delete it, don't know which would be most effective and FASTEST.  Either way, I'm very happy to learn that I was correct and this should not be there!  It's for over $1200 so it will be awesome to get it removed!

ETA: It does appear on Schedule G: Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases, and it has the date and time of filing on the bottom of the page.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.