Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 24 hour CC application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 24 hour CC application?

Almost a month post bk, I apped for NFCU cashRewards and received a notice that I would have an answer in 24 hours.  Do they ask for POI?  I'm self employed and get paid cash so I have no actual proof other than maybe my bank account.  Does it normally take 24 hours or possibly longer? 

Just want to know how to handle this since I'm anxious lmao.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 24 hour CC application?

When I applied a few months ago for the same card, I also got the 24 hour message.  It actually took more like 2-3 days for a response, but was approved.  I didn't have to prove income, but I am also not self employed.  So it is definitely possible to be approved with the 24 hour message.  Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get denied send a secured message with copies of your proof of income!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Almost a month post bk, I apped for NFCU cashRewards and received a notice that I would have an answer in 24 hours.  Do they ask for POI?  I'm self employed and get paid cash so I have no actual proof other than maybe my bank account.  Does it normally take 24 hours or possibly longer? 

Just want to know how to handle this since I'm anxious lmao.

It is the exception, rather than the rule, for NFCU to ask for proof of income. This is typically done when there is unusually high income listed, a high DTI, recent credit sprees, etc. If proof of income is requested, I would simply state you are in a cash business, and be prepared to provide 2 months of bank statements that support that. If you provide tax returns, be prepared for your deductions/losses to reduce your income.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a denial, I recon'd but we shall see.  I guess I should have attempted to get the secured card instead.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.