Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card After Chap 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Credit Card After Chap 7

Hi, i filed Chap 7 in June was discharged in August. I didn’t include a NFCU cc in my BK, because I didn’t open my account until after I filed. However, once I discharged I applied for a cc and was denied. Has anyone been successful with getting a cc through NFCU after filing Chap 7? My scores are all mid 6’s with highest being a 640. I have 12k in student loans. One Victoria secret card with a $250 limit and a $10 balance. No auto loans. I paid for my car with cash and no other debts and my income is 70k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card After Chap 7

You may have to start with a secured card. That's what I had to do.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thank you. How long did you have your secured card before they converted or approved you for a separate unsecured card. I currently have a pledge loan with them. It's set to e paid in full by March. I'll open the secured card by then.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Within 1 year after discharge policy is to deny applications other than secured cards. 12-24 months after discharge, if approved, the max. credit limit is $1,000.

Generally, secured accounts are reviewed after 13 months, but many have reported early graduations to an unsecured card. 

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I was discharged 08/2013, and got the go Rewards Visa in recon for $500 11/2013. My suggestion is to send in a private email reconning and ask them even for a small SL of even $200-$500 to start building history and relationship with them. That's what I did... the rest is history😏
Message 5 of 6
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

I was discharged in September and approved for the card at the end of October. I applied for another card but the denial letter suggested the secured card. I called the number on the letter.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.