Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Membership

I have read on this board that NFCU was going to change there membership rules to include Navy Veterans starting on Feb. 6th.  My Father is a Navy Veteran.  Has anyone heard anything more?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Membership

That's the rumor...

If you don't want to wait you can sign up for the Navy League (pay $25) and get membership that way.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I would like to do.  Can't do anything until I get my discahrge but would like to save $25 as well.  Just have to wait and see what happens.

Message 3 of 9
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read on this board that NFCU was going to change there membership rules to include Navy Veterans starting on Feb. 6th.  My Father is a Navy Veteran.  Has anyone heard anything more?

I've only heard this in the myFICO community.  We will have to wait and see. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a link for that rumor or not?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can join NFCU while in an open BK easily.  They dont have a problem with that.  But they have a hard policy that they will not approve you for any credit products unless the BK is discharged or dismissed.  Its cant be open.  

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to wait until I get my discharge to apply for credit for NFCU.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have joined the Navy League.  i don't know whether to apply for NFCU or not.  Someone suggested that I wait since I am a month since bankruptcy discharge.  Is it hard to become a member.  Could I be refused membership?

Message 8 of 9
Kaydee84
New Contributor

This is what a Navy Federal representative told me today during a chat session:

Veterans that have been discharged under honorable conditions are now eligible for membership.  If you aren't a veteran but your family member is you are eligible to join Navy Federal even if your sponsor is not yet a member. However, you are not able to submit the application online. You can apply in writing, by visiting a branch office, or by calling us anytime at 1-888-842-6328. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.