Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Visa APPROVED!!!! (Post bk 7) :):)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

NFCU Visa APPROVED!!!! (Post bk 7) :):)

OMG!! NFCU rocks!!! I'm so excited right now!!! Got membership yesterday, and after reading the NFCU official thread on here, I but the bullet and applied for their nRewards Visa (UnSECURED) card, and was approved same day!!! CL is $500/ no AF/16%. Plan of PIF anyways!! I'm almost 2 months post chapter 7 discharge, and they pulled EQ. So, very blessed to be in with them....

Currently: Chp 7 DC 08/2013
As of 09/2013 scores were FICO: EQ 653, EX 607, TU 573
Still disputing on all three CRA's

Currently have:
Commerce bank secured Visa, $500 CL (2 months old)
Capital One Platinum MasterCard unsecured, $1,000CL (2 weeks old)
NFCU nRewards Visa unsecured, $500 CL (approved today)

So, I'm now in the garden for a year or more!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Visa APPROVED!!!! (Post bk 7) :):)

Congrads i think your my bk twin
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 2 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you!!! So ChristineNJ, what's you're story???Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 22
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Good Luck. They're pretty awesome. I'm roughly 3 years post ch 7 and have a total of 16,000 in credit lines with NFCU. 2 cards, platinum and the Cash Rewards. Pay it on time and every 4-6 months request a credit line increase through the website. I don't think they even soft you for it, It's ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS given me limit increases. Never once has it referred in for a review or declined me. They rock. Try to get in with USAA too if you can, they're great as well! NFCU and USAA are my two favorite post bk-7 friendly credit card issuers/banks.

Message 5 of 22
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

How do you get in there? I keep seeing everyone posting about nfcu. Is everyone military?

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 22
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

idk about everyone else, but Army Reserve was my ticket in. Ask around in your family - I'm sure there's a way you can get in as well!

Message 7 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for the responses everyone!! My dad is retired Marines, and they will check and reference you! They did me, and my Ssn matched with the Dept. of Defense as a dependent from my dad, so it was an automatic in!! I have USAA for car insurance and have since 1991, but I burned them in bK, so can't do anything else with them for a lonnnngggg time, lol!!Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

My dad was honorably discharged from the navy.  I highly doubt he would give me the last four of his SSN to get an account.  My sister works for dfas but is not a member of nfcu.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You don't need his SSN. When I did my app, the guy took all my info down, asked security questions, then ran my SSN against the dept of defenses and it came up a match due to my dad years ago listing his family when he was active duty and their SSn!
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.