Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU pros, I need help...

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

NFCU pros, I need help...

I included my NFCU CC and checking account in bankruptcy (***booooo***).

I can still log in with my access number, change information. But (unless there's a technical snafu) I cannot see even my share account.

Ok, so after a few hours of brainstorming, I think I want to get on NFCU's good side. For good.

How do I petition them to let me back in so at least I have a share account? Eventually, I will want to get their nRewards.

Thanks.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU pros, I need help...

Be prepared to pay them in full. You should just call a csr or someone in their BK dept to discuss.

Message 2 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

Yup. From what I have read on a few forums. NFCU does not mess around with you include them in your BK. You have to pay everything in full, before they consider letting you back in. 

Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Previous two posters are spot on. NFCU will not let you use them unless you pay them back in full.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

yep, Ill state it as well....you won't ever get back with them unless you pay them in full what you IIB them for. So, gather up some money, and when you have it, contact their BK department. But honestly, I would wait until the 180 days post discharge to do anything. Technically....youre discharge, but you still have to get past the 180 days post DC. Would suck if you got called back into court to explain all of sudden the mysterious money to Navy. after 180 post dc....youre golden to do anything!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.