Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed & Petition

tag
KayMD
Valued Member

Navy Fed & Petition

I would like to help my wife!

She is going thru a bankrupty and has a navy federal account. With her account she has a consumer loan and a credit card. The consumer loan was added to the BK by her lawyer. Who stated that all accounts have to be added that you own, somehow he told us he missed the CC.

The consumer loan is about $900. I want to pay it off for her as I'm listed on the loan also. Navy Federal locked her account because she filled with them on her BK.

If I pay it off do you think she will be able to gain access to her account or is the relationship OVER with NFCU?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Fed & Petition

The relationship is over until she pays everything back.  Navy Fed tends to let people back in if they pay back what they had discharged.  But the have a very long memory and if you burned them that is the only way to get back in.

I personally burned them for about 30k so as far as I am concerned that bridge is just completely gone.

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 7
KayMD
Valued Member

Understand. She still has acccess to the account (ex. taking money out and I think making deposit.) There is just no way to see her account online. Nothing is offical as yet our court date 7/3. I'll just pay the money and hope they grant her access to her account again.

Since the credit card was not listed in the BK do you think we will have any issue with that also.

Message 3 of 7
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

If it wasn't listed you shouldn't.  About the account access I wouldn't worry to much about that.  Once the discharge is done and you have paid off the loan, call them and they should be able to remove the restrictions on the account.

Message 4 of 7
KayMD
Valued Member

Thank you sir!

Message 5 of 7
KayMD
Valued Member

I'm thinking about paying off the loan before the discahrge. Good? Doing it on my lady behalf. I'lll just go the the CU and pay it then tell her I did it. ( Can't wait to see the look on her face.) Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

The only thing that you have to worry about would be if the trustee saw it as making a prefrential payment to one of the creditors.  After the discharge I don't think that it would be a problem at all, but being that the BK is not DC yet I would ask your attorney what they think berfore just paying if off.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.