Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed reporting collection after discharge

tag
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Navy Fed reporting collection after discharge

Ok, so just got a scorewatch notification.  Navy Federal is reporting 2 auto loans, and 2 credit cards as late and placed for collection.

I filed BK7 on April 1st, it was discharged on 7/7.  Everything was discharged, and everything looked perfectly fine until I just get this notification.  So I am assuming that I should contact my lawyer and see what we can do, but as I understand it they are liable for $1000 for each inaccurate entry they make right?  After the hell I went through getting this done and the way they treated me through out the process I kinda would like to stick it to them, no matter how bad it may sound.  I know this is all my fault in the first place, but they are the ones that are breaking the law.

Anyways, has this happeded to anyone else lately?  What did you do if it did?  And what resolution did you get?

My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Fed reporting collection after discharge

Have you disputed with the CBs? Have you called them about it?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 5
BogoMIPS

@simi_go wrote:
--snip--
  I know this is all my fault in the first place, but they are the ones that are breaking the law.

Anyways, has this happeded to anyone else lately?  What did you do if it did?  And what resolution did you get?

Don't be so hard on yourself....It happens to the best of us, life happens.

I am in the same predicament.

I was looking on these forums to see if they are allowed to list an account as under collection after I filed BK.  Before I dispute, or get on the phone with the collection agency.

I will send my lawyer an e-mail and see what he says.

Regards,

Starting Score: 3/17/12 648
Current Score: 6/22/12 680
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

No, it can not go to collections after your discharge. It is a violation of the discharge injunction.

However, if it was listed as a collection account prior to filing - that is a different story.

You can send a letter directly to the creditor.  Or have your attorney send a letter directly to the creditor to fix their error. If they don't fix it - then go for the suit. Most of the time they will fix it.

Message 4 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

It's too bad consumers don't have to pay creditors $1000 for the right to burn them in a BK7.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.