Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union

Definitely will do thanks!
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soooo....I'm at work minding my business and I get a call from NFCU a really nice lady welcoming me to the NF family and she is telling me all the great thing about NF and their products. She goes on to tell me about the CC cash reward and the Line of credit now I personally was going to wait until my score went up a bit but after reading all of the approvals and CC with them and of course her persuasion lol she helped me apply for both the CC and line of credit. Well after about an HR I was approved for the line of credit! Only 500 because that is what she put down she stated ask for the lowest and I could always ask for more cause if I ask for more now and they deny me they won't counteroffer. Still waiting to hear back on the CC now my question is would I be wrong to ask for a credit line increase on the line of credit say like next week? Or just be happy I have it now and wait a few months before asking for the increase?
Message 12 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Soooo....I'm at work minding my business and I get a call fromNFCU a really nice lady welcoming me to the NF family and she is telling me all the great thing about NF and their products. She goes on to tell me about the CC cash reward and the Line of credit now I personally was going to wait until my score went up a bit but after reading all of the approvals and CC with them and of course her persuasionlol she helped me apply for both the CC and line of credit. Well after about an HR I was approved for the line of credit! Only 500 because that is what she put down she stated ask for the lowest and I could always ask for more cause if I ask for more now and they deny me they won't counteroffer. Still waiting to hear back on the CC now my question is would I be wrong to ask for a credit line increase on the line of credit say like next week? Or just be happy I have it now and wait a few months before asking for the increase?

Well congrats on the LOC approval! You could possibly call or send a secure message asking if you qualified for more. I wouldn't want to take another HP just yet though Smiley Happy Good luck on the credit card, crossing my fingers for you!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Yea I think I'll wait on the HP I'm just happy that I was approved!
Message 14 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you! Yea I think I'll wait on the HP I'm just happy that I was approved!

I bet! NFCU seems a bit stricter on LOC fresh out of BK! So you getting in at all is great. Navy will obviously grow with you so no worries! 

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are super nice I'm loving them so far! If I get approved for this CC I'll be gardening!
Message 16 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

I have NO complaints about Navy! Glad you are having a good experience as well. 

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logged on and saw I was denied for the credit card. I sent a message asking them the reason and that I was trying to build a relationship with NF so we will see what happens.
Message 18 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Logged on and saw I was denied for the credit card. I sent a message asking them the reason and that I was trying to build a relationship with NF so we will see what happens.

Oh no! Hoping for the best, let us know!

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know of anyone getting approved after sending a message?
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.