Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Post Chapter 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal Post Chapter 7

Hello Forum,

I had a question about post chapter 7 BK. I was discharged in July of 2016. I had NFCU which is a great bank.Unfortunatley had to add them to the discharge, burned for around 10k. I have been with US bank ever since and they are ok. I received a letter about my savings with NFCU about end of the year dividen so I decided to log onto my account online. I noticed the saving acount was still active and I saw the option to apply for a new Checking, I was just curious but today I received my check card and activated it, I am pretty happy about that. My concern is if i decide to switch my direct deposit to my NFCU checking will NFCU out of the blue decide to start taking money for the disharged debt from before the chapter 7. I wouldn't mind paying them back for my debt but i am still recovery mode from the Chapter 7 and cannot pay that kind of money right now. Would you consider it safe to use NFCU checking for my direct deposit. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Post Chapter 7

Welcome to the forums! Glad you joined

They would not be allowed to "collect on a discharged debt". That is illegal Smiley Happy  I would call NFCU and just simply ask them if you will have all features with the new checking and if any complications will come.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Post Chapter 7

Hi Scupra, 

That sounds like great information, thank you so much for the quick reply. Now that I have MyFico I have a place for all my post BK questions. I will certainly follow your advice and update the post. Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.