Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy fed not reporting as in bk!!

tag
jwes2155
New Contributor

Navy fed not reporting as in bk!!

I filed bk in 08/2012, and Navy fed is refusing to report my account as in bk, because they sold they sold the account in 05/2012, so they are just reportig as charge off, which is not allowing me to rebuild my credit, it is so ridiculous, everyone else is reporting my account correctly, anyone know what I could do???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy fed not reporting as in bk!!

To which entity did they sell your debt and is that entity reporting it?

Since there is no obligation on the creditor's part to report, you may not have anything that you can do about the situation. By the way, Navy Fed is reporting your account accurately no?

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy fed not reporting as in bk!!

If they in fact are reporting it as a CO it must be so with a 0 balance. It should not be a deterrent to you getting credit post BK and if it continues to be a thorn in your side file a complaint with the CFPB. Their argument is technically null and void as everyone that has held your debt prior to the BK is subject to the BK Discharge as well even though they may have not been directly listed on the petition.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.