Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a new lawn mower!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a new lawn mower!

Was out doing the leaves today and my ride on tractor kicked the bucket.  It was good to us for a long time but it's time for it to retire.  I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting a card from Home Depot or Sears?  

We were discharged in September.  I have two Cap One cards: QS1 $6k Limit and a Platinum with a $3k limit.  I need a third card and was thinking that I could get 0% for a year or two on the tractor instead of paying cash. 

Any thoughts? I don't want to waste an inquiry if it's going to be a guaranteed decline. I appreciate the guidance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Need a new lawn mower!

IMO I think it's a little soon for those cards. Home Depot would be the one to try out of the two.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prob a better shot at synch backed lowes than the citi backed sears or home depot.

Message 3 of 7
soldierpr

I second Pfarro1, if you are going for one go for the lowes. That doesnt take it is really early for them to approve you. 1 year after my BK , Lowes approved for only $300 cl.
Starting Score: 492-TU, 480-EX FICO , 495-EQ (06/12)

Current Score: 685-TU, 625-EX FICO , 675-EQ (02/15)

Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 7
despritfreya
Frequent Contributor

IMHO - if you can't pay cash for it you shouldn't be thinking about buying one.  How about borrowing one from a neighbor until you can afford it?  Done all the time in my neck of the woods.  Or, check out Craigslist for something that will get you by for a bit - Farm and Garden section.

Des.

Message 5 of 7
Dis0314
Established Member

i agree with ^^ 

You will probably be able to find a neighborhood kid that will do it for you for right around the same as what the payment would be..

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback!  I could afford to pay cash for the new tractor but I guess I was looking for an excuse to apply for a new card.  Now I know to wait.  Anyways, I've never had a store card so why start now.  

Quick update:  After some research and a few youtube videos, my old tractor lives to mow another day.  

I appreciate all the help and guidance!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.