Did you mean: 

Need advice during our Chapter 13

tag
Chilli
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice during our Chapter 13

@TRC

Thank you for the Congrats but.........

NO BS...Only Factual. There was a plan we had followed and we could have not succeeded without our Myfico friends!

Good Luck to you on your rebuilding😀

Message 21 of 27
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous

Thank you for the Congrats but.........

NO BS...Only Factual. There was a plan we had followed and we could have not succeeded without our Myfico friends!

Good Luck to you on your rebuilding😀

I'm already rebuilt... I think my profile speaks for itself.  All I'm waiting on now is for everything to fall off in 9 months (TU) and 12 months (EQ/EX) which is going by the 6 month TU and 3 month EQ/EX early deletion.

Back to your "factual".... you filed Ch 13 in April 2013... were discharged 9 months later (how did you even pull that off?) and 10 months after that you had a 750 TU?

No, I don't believe it.   Cool story though.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 22 of 27
Chilli
Established Contributor

@TRC

I could copy and paste the chart with my scores from Myfico but I don't have anything to prove to anyone but myself...

Again, good luck you...and I wish you the best.😘

Message 23 of 27
redraven72

Double Post 

Message 24 of 27
redraven72

@ Chilli             I am not sure what you are saying here is possible.  You can't file a chapter 13 and 9 months later have it discharge unless you have paid the creditors in full.  MOST won't even think about allowing it to be discharged untill you have paid at least 3 years into the plan.  I don't see that happening.  My 2C

Message 25 of 27
apeydee416
Contributor

and now for some positive feedback. I am currently in a Chapter 13, and have been preapproved for a house. It's possible. Rebuilding your credit IS possible, it took me about six months of relentess work to do it, but my husband and I needed a 640 mid score to qualify and we clocked in at 647/651. You have to go through your credit report w/ a fine tooth comb and make sure its all reporting as included in the plan, closed and at the very minimum $0 past due. This took letters and complaints witht he CFPB but it got done. Then for rebuiding, get a secured card. People will tell you that you can't take on new debt while in a Chapter 13 - Thats correct however, it applies to unsecured debt.

It can be done. It's not easy, but it isnt impossible. A majority of the people who say it can't be done haven't been in the position to try.

Message 26 of 27
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@apeydee416 wrote:

It can be done. It's not easy, but it isnt impossible. A majority of the people who say it can't be done haven't been in the position to try.

I don't think anyone here has said rebuilding from a Ch 13 is impossible.

I found it to be super easy in fact... and in another 8-12 months everything falls off and I'll be well into the 700's.

As long as you are patient, it's a cakewalk.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.