Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on CC to open

tag
Khan87
New Contributor

Re: Need advice on CC to open

I just called the Capital One and the rep told me that my applications are still pending for the QS and Platinum. She said to call by next thursday Oct 30th and they should heave a decision. I know each applicant is differ so i'm hoping for the best.!! Worse case scenario if i don't get approved i'll just ger a Cap One secure card.

Message 31 of 53
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Khan87 wrote:

I just called the Capital One and the rep told me that my applications are still pending for the QS and Platinum. She said to call by next Thursday Oct 30th and they should heave a decision. I know each applicant is differ so i'm hoping for the best.!! Worse case scenario if i don't get approved i'll just get a Cap One secure card.

Hey, it's better than an instant denial! Stay positive and report back. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 32 of 53
yoyo
Established Contributor

Capital One placed a hold on my checking account and ganished my payroll check ...once I've filed BK 6/2014..this stopped. My BK was discharged 8/2014...a month later I was approved for two Capial One Credit cards ...low limits but that's ok....Trust me I was checking the pre approval every day ..until one day they said yes.  I would wait a few week so that Captial One could see the BK on your credit report...then you should be approved.

Message 33 of 53
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Khan87 wrote:

I just called the Capital One and the rep told me that my applications are still pending for the QS and Platinum. She said to call by next thursday Oct 30th and they should heave a decision. I know each applicant is differ so i'm hoping for the best.!! Worse case scenario if i don't get approved i'll just ger a Cap One secure card.

Thats it, you play the hand youre dealt. You move onward and forward regardless of the outcome.  Stay positive and you'll get thru this. If it goes your way then you can plan your next move accordingly. If it doesnt, you get the secured card and plan your next move accordingly.   Dont feel as if youre bugging Cap1 by calling.  Like I said, I called them daily and no harm done.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 34 of 53
Khan87
New Contributor

JETTECH, SCUPRA: I just called the Cap One and was told by the rep that I got approved for both cards..!! I got a CL of $300 for Cap One Plat and $500 for Cap One QS.

Message 35 of 53
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you!!! Treat them well!
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 36 of 53
Khan87
New Contributor

0REDSOX7: I will guard them with all that I have since they are my way to a better CR/CS

Message 37 of 53
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Khan87 wrote:

JETTECH, SCUPRA: I just called the Cap One and was told by the rep that I got approved for both cards..!! I got a CL of $300 for Cap One Plat and $500 for Cap One QS.

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 38 of 53
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

@Khan87 wrote:

Congrats!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 53
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Yeah !   There ya go Smiley Very Happy   Awesome job and I can already see by your previous comments that you know what to do going forward.  It can only get better from here.  Just remember, Cap 1's website and phone app are pretty good and IMHO make managing the accounts really easy.  Watch your limits, PIF, and dont forget to throw them a bone every once in a while with a small balance.  You are in and now you just need to be patient for 6 months and see if they treat you right with good solid CLI's.  Congrats to you !

You're on your way so stick to the forum and learn even more.  Good luck to you.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.