Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on CC to open

tag
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on CC to open

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
I can't get a Comenity card to save my life. Whether it is a store card, VISA / using thr shopping card trick or cold app - I am declined solely on the fact of a recent bankruptcy, but, YMMV.

That has to be frustrating. I got mine thru shopping cart 2 months post Disch. CFNA went thru too on a cold app.  Plus your 5 months ahead of me on the disch. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 21 of 53
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Who is CFNA and what do they issue?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 22 of 53
Scupra
Super Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
Who is CFNA and what do they issue?

CFNA = Credit First National Association

I think the Firestone card is their most popular. They also offer many other cards having to do with auto care.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 23 of 53
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Hrm - might look into that.

I'm done now for a while - I feel I have a good profile - six cards - four VISA/MC and two store cards.

Need to let a bunch of these inquiries age off.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 24 of 53
Scupra
Super Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
Hrm - might look into that.

I'm done now for a while - I feel I have a good profile - six cards - four VISA/MC and two store cards.

Need to let a bunch of these inquiries age off.

You have me beat if you don't count my LOC Smiley Happy Let those accounts age a bit and you score will start to limb quickly.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 25 of 53
Khan87
New Contributor

is it better to pay in full or do monthly payment on your credit card.?
Message 26 of 53
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Some lenders like to see a balance every now and then - Barclays is one of them.

Me, personally, I pay in full every month and give Barclays a month where I pay half and give them a bone (interest) for one month.

I'm not worried about the utilization factor at the moment. Whatever the balance is at statement cut, that is what it is. Plain and simple.

I would PIF as much as you can as to not fall back into the trap of paying the minimums.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 27 of 53
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
Some lenders like to see a balance every now and then - Barclays is one of them.

Me, personally, I pay in full every month and give Barclays a month where I pay half and give them a bone (interest) for one month.

I'm not worried about the utilization factor at the moment. Whatever the balance is at statement cut, that is what it is. Plain and simple.

I would PIF as much as you can as to not fall back into the trap of paying the minimums.

This is how I play it as well. It works really good for me as I dont get hit with utlization, I dont get caught up in minimum payments or high balances and I pump alot of money thru my QS1 for rewards and PIF.   I basically use the QS1 as a Debit Card. I use it and pay it, use it and pay it. Of course it helps to have a 3k limit but you can adjust how you use it accordingly. Every now and again I will give them some small interest on a low balance carry - over.   Im looking for decent CLI's at the moment so I think PIF is the way to go. It has wroked well for a lot of people in this forum.

Cap1 phone app and website make managing the card a breeze.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 28 of 53
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Khan87 if you havnt already, you can call Cap1 to see if your're approved.No need to wait for the email or letter. I called them daily after receiving the 7 to 10 day which actually went 20 days as I had a lock on my EQ .  I was told on the phone that I was approved and my 3k limit. ( still cant get over that ) but anyway, give them a call.

Message 29 of 53
Khan87
New Contributor

Jettech: I just applied for both QS and Platinum this past Monday so I was gonna wait till next week to call and find out. If you say I'll give thema a call now and see what they say and will update you all..!! I'm hoping for the best..!!

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.