Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise on these account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advise on these account.

Hello all,

First off, I like to thank everyone on this forum for providing expertise and assisting us all in our time of need. Thanks again...

Now, here's another one for you Fico gurus:

I have the following TLs on my report that are related to my BK13 I filed in 01/2002 (can't wait until this goes away on 01/2009). This was a 5 year plan paid off early on 11/2005 and satisfactory discharged. The two TLs that are still on all three CRA's are:

Providian Bank  Credit Card:  Balance 0$,  Amount Past Due: $0 
Current Status: Wage Earner Plan
Comments: Account Included in BK13 ,  Date opened: 06/1999        
Date Closed: 02/2002 ,  DOFD: 01/2002  Date Reported: 02/2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wells fargo Credit Card:  Balance 0$  Amount Past Due: $0 
Current Status: Wage Earner Plan
Comments: Account Included in BK13 ,  Date opened: 11/2000        
Date Closed: 01/2002 ,  DOFD: 12/2001,  Date Reported: 02/2007

I know these are scheduled to come off soon, based on the DOFD. Am I correct? Any other methods I can resort to to get these off my report ASAP - due to the need to refi? My adjustable rate is killing me.

Also, I have the following collection account that I would like to work on to have deleted (non BK13 related).

AFNI
Date reported: 12/2007
Date Assigned: 10/2007
Creditor Name: Sprint
Amount $364
Balance Date: 12/2007
Status Date: 12/2007
Status D-unpaid.

I've sent them a PFD vial email, and they pretty much told me that If I pay this off in full, all three bureaus will get updated to reflect "Collection Account Paid." I have not DV'd them at all. I should have done that first. As for this account, yes it was mine, Sprint Cell service is useless, I dispued this amount with them and they just flipped me off. I closed my cells service and in tim,e of anger, I told them to take a walk. Unfortunetly, AFNI now has it.  Any ideas to move forward with?

Thanks folks..

FICO as of 5/7: TU: 579,  EX: 688, EQ: 649  TU is low, and the BK13 is not even on that report.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Need advise on these account.

in my opinion,I would just let those 2 accounts fall off.  Because of their age and your discharge paperwork I think you can prove that these accounts were included and are discharged.  Or ou can goodwill them and ask them to remove early.  They might do that. As to the AFNI account,  I would write a letter and ask for PFD and wait for response to see what they do.  But I think if they can't DV then they can't collect, but then Sprint will just pass it on.  I know that if you do pay without a delete it will update and lower your scores and reset the time clock.  But if you don't pay, then they can still sue.  I just settled my daughter's account for less just to get it done and they agreed to remove it from her credit report, which they did do so maybe it depends on who you talk to.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.