Valued Member
NicoleLW

Need help with a debt that was supposed to be included in Bankruptcy and was not

Hi there.  My husband and I filed bankruptcy in Feb. 2004.   We pulled our credit report as we are trying to work on getting our credit score up and noticed a $5,000 motorcycle loan that was supposed to be included with our bankruptcy.  But it's showing as Owe $5,000, and it says charged off, but doesn't say included and bankruptcy and shouldn't it show that we owe $0 if was charged off and included in bankruptcy?  Seems to me they still think we owe them $5,000.  Any ideas on where we should go from here?
New Contributor
DillPickel

Re: Need help with a debt that was supposed to be included in Bankruptcy and was not

do a search on the site for 'IIB' (stands for Included in BK)
This site is M$NEY......Ch13 discharge Sept '07
10/8/07 TU: 602 - EQ: 637 - EX: 651
12/24/08 TU: 696 - EQ: 707 - EX: 716
LifeAfterBankruptcy

Re: Need help with a debt that was supposed to be included in Bankruptcy and was not

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by LifeAfterBankruptcy on 10-30-2009 11:24 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+