cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with post-BK CR...

tag
mtkel

Need help with post-BK CR...

We had a Chapter 7 BK in 2009. Prior to that, I had completely stopped paying bills, at the advice of my attorney, (BIG MISTAKE!) I ended up with 18 accounts going to collections. They are all reporting as "Included in Bankruptcy", the problem is, each account is on there TWICE! When I pull my EQ CR, the first page reads "Collections 39!" That CAN'T look good to a lender. These are only reporting on my EQ report, and my EQ FICO is much lower than my other scores. (EQ 587 vs. TU 620, EX FAKO 650)

Is there anything I can or should do to fix this? Is it affecting my score much since they are all listed iiB anyways? My score may also be lower on EQ because I am AU on my mom's Chase Visa with 10k limit, and EQ doesn't report AU. At least not for me! LOL So according to EQ I only have 2 Capital One CCs with a total CL of 1.5k. ($50 bal on those)

I have recently been having some success with PFD and GW, and was wondering whether I should bother with these pre-BK CAs? Any advice out there? My mom had charged up her Visa for a kitchen reno and it is currently reporting at 90% util, but she paid it off last week so I am expecting a nice bump with TU and EX shortly. Won't help my dismal EQ though! Help!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help with post-BK CR...

I would start disputing with the CB's first then try goodwill letters.

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Start with the GW process.  Only dispute if there is something that is not accurate on your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@mtkel wrote:

We had a Chapter 7 BK in 2009. Prior to that, I had completely stopped paying bills, at the advice of my attorney, (BIG MISTAKE!) I ended up with 18 accounts going to collections. They are all reporting as "Included in Bankruptcy", the problem is, each account is on there TWICE! When I pull my EQ CR, the first page reads "Collections 39!" That CAN'T look good to a lender. These are only reporting on my EQ report, and my EQ FICO is much lower than my other scores. (EQ 587 vs. TU 620, EX FAKO 650)

Is there anything I can or should do to fix this? Is it affecting my score much since they are all listed iiB anyways? My score may also be lower on EQ because I am AU on my mom's Chase Visa with 10k limit, and EQ doesn't report AU. At least not for me! LOL So according to EQ I only have 2 Capital One CCs with a total CL of 1.5k. ($50 bal on those)

I have recently been having some success with PFD and GW, and was wondering whether I should bother with these pre-BK CAs? Any advice out there? My mom had charged up her Visa for a kitchen reno and it is currently reporting at 90% util, but she paid it off last week so I am expecting a nice bump with TU and EX shortly. Won't help my dismal EQ though! Help!!

You should definitely dispute all the collection accounts reporting twice. That should be a pretty easy fix for the CB cause the account numbers will be listed twice. Start off with doing that for sure!!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 5
Geochk
Valued Member

Thank you all for your suggestions  I appreciate the guidance and support of the MyFICO family!

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.