Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Car Post Ch 7 BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Car Post Ch 7 BK

I think I am going to have a hard time getting approved after my DC due to me having lates over two years ago, so my auto credit score is shot! I reaffirmed my current car and only have less than a year left, but the past is haunting me at this point. Is there anyway to fix auto credit score?
Message 11 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think I am going to have a hard time getting approved after my DC due to me having lates over two years ago, so my auto credit score is shot! I reaffirmed my current car and only have less than a year left, but the past is haunting me at this point. Is there anyway to fix auto credit score?

you'll get approved...check the pre qual sites, and you can always check out CU's they usually use your FICO's and not auto enhanced scores. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j_casteel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

you'll get approved...check the pre qual sites, and you can always check out CU's they usually use your FICO's and not auto enhanced scores. 

Thank you for the info! 

Message 13 of 14
Scupra
Super Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

@I was able to finance a brand new vehicle, @ 2.99% ($31,000+) just days after my BK 13 was discharged.  My CR showed pre-BK auto loan that was paid, closed, no lates.  That might have had something to do with it?  Also, my income is steady and pretty good.

A Chapter 13 is far different.. The day you are discharged you are usually 5 years post BK.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.