Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Chapter 13, so confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Chapter 13, so confused

Hi to all... im new on this and trying to read all i can but feel im not up to speed on quite a few things!! and of course my bankruptcy attorney is no help.... can someone please clarify some things?

1. When is a Chap 13 actually discharged? when my 60 months of payments are all paid? We filed Jan 2007 and was accepted by the courts 8/07... been making payments since 1/07 though

2. I pulled my husband's and my credit report (just Transunion so far). MIne was a 503 and his was a 551. Problem is there are so many inconsistancies? None of our credit cards needed to be re paid, but there are quite a few showing large balances still owed  and 90 days late. If nothing needed to be paid back to them, what should they say? and why do they still say late if we filed 1 1/2 years ago?

3. We are repaying our mortgage back monthly in the plan, and also paying our regular monthly mortgage payments. However the status on my husband's says 120 days past due? We've been paying them for over a year on time?And my credit report doesn't show my mortgage at all and it used to be on there? We are both on the loan?

4. We will be in need of a new car soon. Will we be able to get one while we're still repaying into the plan? We make a great salary now and can handle any payments, can even put down a good down payment.

I"m sorry so many questions, I"ve tried so much research on the internet but there's so much out there I don't know what to believe or where to start. I appreciate anyone's advice!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Chapter 13, so confused

Ch 13 are discharged after you are done w/payments.  All of your accounts are probably showing up late because of the BK.  Are these accounts included in the repayment plan?  If they are, look at your paperwork, your BK is paying accounts according to priority.  So, not every company is getting paid every month.

If they are not, try to get this info corrected by disputing it.
Message 2 of 3
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: New Chapter 13, so confused

you need to request a detailed explanantion of the fees your mortgage company is charging you.  Many companies will apply your payments (paid outside the plan) to the arrearage (even though they aren't suppose to do it that way) keeping you racking up late fees and penalties so you never get out from under.  Get your attorney involved in this if this is the case and have the bk court sanction them. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.