Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Credit During Chpt 13(under 5k)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Credit During Chpt 13(under 5k)

So I officially filed for a Chapter 13 and my 341 meeting is on Jan 11th...I was advised by my lawyer that in the state of VA I do "not" need trustee approval to apply for new credit that is under 5k. She said its okay to start looking for secured cards as long as it is under 5k( like I have 5k sitting around lol) so any reccomendations on any secured cards I can apply for? Thank you! Let the rebuild begin!

Btw: NFCU and Cap1 has been burned :-/
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BamBam2000
Contributor

Re: New Credit During Chpt 13(under 5k)

Open Sky Visa has raised my scores over 60 points in the last 30 days. They are easy to get. 

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: New Credit During Chpt 13(under 5k)

@Anonymous wrote:
So I officially filed for a Chapter 13 and my 341 meeting is on Jan 11th...I was advised by my lawyer that in the state of VA I do "not" need trustee approval to apply for new credit that is under 5k. She said its okay to start looking for secured cards as long as it is under 5k( like I have 5k sitting around lol) so any reccomendations on any secured cards I can apply for? Thank you! Let the rebuild begin!

Btw: NFCU and Cap1 has been burned :-/

I personally would try for Discover, or another lender more reputable.  Dont go for FP, or Credit One...they are just predatory, and have tons of fees associated with the card. Since you didnt burn BOFA, Discover, Citi....Id would pick one or two of those. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.