Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rebuild Started Almost 10 month post discharge - NEED ADVISE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Rebuild Started Almost 10 month post discharge - NEED ADVISE

Quick background.  Discharged November 2014. Was so webmaster and guilty that we stated clear from anything credit card related and thought we set ourselves up for a life of credit nightmare.  Luckily I stumbled upon this site.  What an eye opener!  

10 months after discharge we realized there may be a chance.  We pulled out reports and went through.  I think we did it right based on the 700 score in two years thread.  All except one are showing as included in bankruptcy,  paid in full,  paid as agreed our other.  We are working on the one collection to change it correctly. I applied and got a Capital One Quick Platinum for 3000 and was shocked. That shows me my first look at a credit score since the BK and it was 610. USAS also let's me check with Experien and it was 650. I again was shocked.

I make 50,200/annual but have a car loan I reaffirmed at $9300 still and have 56,000 in student loans. All have been paid on time since BK discharge.  After reading people building credit quickly with credit cards I am nervous but think I did it will. ...here's the question and advice needed from the experienced folks on here.  After getting that card I tried for cats people say are BK friendly.  I was turned down for Amazon, Kohls, Barclay, and USAA. But I did get the ones below. I am going to garden for the next 6 months or so. 

I am worried that my inquiries ate going to be too many.  Will it hurt my scores and how well do you think I have done?  All of this has happened in the last two weeks.  How much should I use on them?  Do I spend something on each one each month?  Looking for what is best for CLIS as well as best chance of raising my credit scores to buy a home in a year and a half from now. The only cards I will try for now are the Venture card and Barclay's in about 6 months.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Rebuild Started Almost 10 month post discharge - NEED ADVISE

Grats on starting your rebuild! Like you I didn't think we would have a chance, but Cap1 has been very good to us. Keep reading and learning. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.