Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Secured Card

So I found a great secured card, Harley Davidson, there are 0 fees and after 12 months of regular payments its a regular credit card. This just made me very happy.....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: New Secured Card

I am wondering if you actually apped for this card.  US bank are a bit conservative and I wanted to know what was the out come.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 5
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

I know it's all down to preference, but I also wanted to recommend finding a credit union to join and build a relationship with them as well.  It's awesome.  After 1 year with BCU, they actually approved me for a very low interest rate car loan (2-3%.)  I didn't end up buying a car, but I was surprised they approved me.   They also let me open an unsecured credit line.  Of course, my last attempt to CLI it was denied.  I don't know the reasons, but when I can get multiple $10k Venture card lines from Capital One and only $1k credit line from my CU, I'm unsure what to think.

Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I found a great secured card, Harley Davidson, there are 0 fees and after 12 months of regular payments its a regular credit card. This just made me very happy.....

If I remember correctly US Bank is not BK friendly, even on their secured card. YMMV

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a secured card that will take you on even in the middle of a chapter 13 BK.  They do not check your credit and this is why.  As in keep your lips closed about it.  The bank is First Choice of New Jersey, and the card is called the Primor Secured CC.  You need to start with $200 minimum.  And the initial yearly fee of $39 is charged to your first statement.  They absolutely DO report to all 3 credit companies.  And the line is a regular CC trade line with no mention of secured.  It excellent.  And they just opened up their online site where you can make your payments online, or up your limit by adding more money to it.  Primorcc.com and primorcredit.com

Hope this helps.  Its been helping me.  I set it up the month after I started my 13, and its been over a year now of perfect payments.  I will be reestablished before Im even discharged.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.