Did you mean: 

tag
Astheros

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Re: New member with Recent Bankruptcy

FYI Amex prepaid does not build credit with Amex. Don't app with them under any circumstances. 

App for an unsecured Capone product and creditone as well. Creditone will cost you $75 AF. If you already have 6 months of post-BK history app for a barclays product. I like the NFL or apple visa products. 

That should get you going. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 7
MzKitty
Established Member

I too have Discharged Chapter 7 recently. I'm currently getting the credit reporting agencies to accurately remove and properly update my file. Any secured card recommended to start to reestablish credit?

Starting TU 680 EQU 715 EX 680
Message 3 of 7
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@MzKitty wrote:

I too have Discharged Chapter 7 recently. I'm currently getting the credit reporting agencies to accurately remove and properly update my file. Any secured card recommended to start to reestablish credit?

I went with the capone secured 1 week after discharge.

If you find a CU that is BK-friendly locally, open a secured loan/credit builder with them. Then use the secured loan to fund 2 secured cards. You can do this at two seperate CUs.

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 4 of 7
Astheros

Re: N

Message 5 of 7
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I skipped the CapOne secured. Tried for the unsecured Platinum MC (figured why not try,) and was approved less than 2 mos. from discharge. 2 months later, CapOne Rewards approved. I will do a secured card with a CU though, still trying to decide which CU to join.

Edited to add: for anyone who is not aware, CapOne pulls all 3, so it's 3 HPs everytime.
Message 6 of 7
Astheros

Re: N

I a 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.