Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member with old Bankruptcy

tag
TwoBeFree
Contributor

New member with old Bankruptcy

I have a BK filed 12/2006 that was discharged in 4/2007 and the accounts that was listed in the BK show different Reported dates. I noticed that on my Equifax reported in the Item As of Dated Reported show 3/2008; Date of 1st Delinquency 9/2006; Date Major Delinquency 1st Reported 12/2006 another account showed Items As of Date Reported 1/2007; Dated of 1st Delinquency 9/2006; Date of Major Delinquency 1st Reported 3/2007.

How do I know what date the accounts will be removed from my credit report?

I notice on Experian, Equifax and Transunion there are 7 accounts that was filed in the BK that all have different reported dates ranging from 12/2006, 1/2008, 4/2007. Should I disputed the dates?

I had aTransSouth Financial Auto Loan that was transferred to Citifinancial Auto that was a repossession in 1/2003. I added it to the BK in 2006 but the dates is showing Items As of Date Reported; Date of 1st Delinquency 12/2006; Date Closed 4/2007

Can someone help me to understand why is this being reported as if it was an account that was 1st delinquent in 12/2006 I filed the BK in 12/2006 and was Discharged in 4/2007

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: New member with old Bankruptcy

Accounts remain until 7-7 1/2 years from DOFD. Bk7 public record for 10.

The reporting dates on the 7 accounts are fine. They can continue to report the status as long as they are 0 balance and IIB and the original DOFD didn't change.

I'm guessing the auto repo discrepancy is from the deficiency reporting (amount due after repo is sold). If it was IIB, I wouldn't think it should be there. Is this the first time since your discharge that you are checking your reports?

I'm looking at your post again, is the auto account listed as one item, or two separate items, OC and collection account? Now I'm a little confused, if the car was repo'd in 2003, your DOFD would be before the repo and that account should not be on your report any longer. If there is a collection account reporting after BK, that should have been deleted right after BK.
Message 2 of 3
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Re: New member with old Bankruptcy

The car was a repo years before I ever filed BK but they had started calling me for a balance that was left after they had sold the car. It was a collection agency not CitiFinanical who the loan was with who was calling during the time when I filled the BK.  I examined some papers that I got from Citifinanical and the car was repossessed on 12/31/02

The original loan was with TranSouth Financial then they became CitiFinancial.

The account is listed as CitiFinancial on my Equifax with comments: BK  Auto

After losing my job during that time and filing BK I just gave up on my credit I felt like I was helpless and didnt have a chance. I need to buy a car soon so I have started looking at my report since I was coming up on 7yrs with my BK.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.