cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New secured Visa card doesn't report "secured"???

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

New secured Visa card doesn't report "secured"???

After my bk discharge last month, I got a secured Visa thru my bank. I had heard and read that secured cards will report on the CRA's as "secured".

Well, it finally reported for the first time last week, and I pulled my reports from myfico, and no where on the trade line does is say secured. It reports as individual and "credit card". Did I luck out or do the lenders see something else entirely than what I do? I'd it possible they see its secured and I don't ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: New secured Visa card doesn't report "secured"???

Oh, and it also doesn't say what kind of card it is either. It doesn't say "visa " Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
VegasAdmin

2<--- secured cards over here and none of them report as secured. 

Message 3 of 6
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I have not seen a secured card ever report as secured. 

Message 4 of 6
Poozie121
Contributor

they are coded as secure in the background - you can not see it, but the lender can.

@azguy13 wrote:

I have not seen a secured card ever report as secured. 

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave it alone. I have had cards report secured on the CR's. So, keep quiet. Using the automated FICO Scoring model it will not make 0% difference. However, if you kicked to a manual then a human would see it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.