Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***New to the board***

tag
NYKnicks65
New Contributor

***New to the board***

Hello everyone!! Boy is there a wealth of information out here..I have a question..I have been in Chapter 13 for 3 years and  now converting to Chapter 7..In regards to back taxes. I heard that there is a possiblity  I could  have my 2006 taxes discharged.. Is this true? What is a "buyback".  Does this apply to me in regards to my 07 Jeep Cherokee being paid off in the Chapter 13? Also, will both the Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 appear on my credit reports and how will this effect me rebuilding credit?  Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: ***New to the board***

Regarding the eligibility of back Federal taxes to be discharged in a ch7 bankruptcy, yes they can ... if certain requirements are met. Google the subject and you will see the specific requirements.

Buyback of an asset - the trustee will set value for each asset taken for disposition. Before those assets are sold, the petitioner will have a short time period during which the asset may be bought back or "redeemed".

A ch 7 discharge is going to have a significant impact on your credit scores and your ability to secure new credit. No way around that. Worry about rebuilding once your discharge is complete. Until then, there is a lot written on the subject of credit rebuilding here so just read up and figure out a plan that makes sense for your personal circumstances. Many of use here have travelled that road as we stand as proof that it can be done and often quicker than one would think possible.

All the best going forward.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.