Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly filed Bankruptcy now what ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newly filed Bankruptcy now what ??

I filed in July, had my 341 hearing Aug 17 and my discharge should occur sometime between Oct. 27 and Nov. 27.  The main thing the trustee is looking for do you have about $25,000 or more in assets.  In my case, I have an upcoming workman's settlement occurring sometime in the next 3-9 months, the trustee's concern was will the settlement be $25,000 or more.  My settlement will not be that much, I know this because it was almost settled last summer.  All you have to do is identify yourself, the trustee asks you about a half dozen questions which you answer yes or no and if there is clarification needed for something, the trustee will ask and you just answer simply and straight to the point and there will be no issues.  At the most your encounter should take no more than 10-15 minutes, you end up waiting longer for your turn as others are seen before you.

If there are any problems, like you forget your id, then your case is continued and rescheduled for a future date.

Follow the good advice here and before you know it more financial options will be available to you as your BK fades into the background.

Message 11 of 12
notpaul
Regular Contributor

Re: Newly filed Bankruptcy now what ??

After you get your discharge letter clean up your credit report to make sure everything is IIB, zero balance, and closed. Fax or mail the bureaus each a copy of the letter when you do this. Then when that's all done I would apply to capital one first. They won't pull reports if you are on their blacklist. If they say no go for one of those subprime cards. I was told capital one only hates you for a year. I burned them BAD so that's why I didn't go for them. I tried and they said no.
6/15 DC BK7, starting EQ FICO score 563

2/16 FICO EQ 661. TU 653, EX 660
Current CC Accounts: Capital One QS1 500; Overstock 1300; Care Credit 5000; Barclay Rewards MC 1300; JCPenney 3500; Amazon 3500; WalMart 3500; Target 500; PenFed Promise Visa 2000; PenFed CLOC 500; NFCU Flagship 12500; NFCU Platinum 8500; Credit One 1000.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.