Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nissan Auto reporting wrong BK date

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nissan Auto reporting wrong BK date

I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in December of 2001.  My auto loan with Nissan was reaffirmed and I made all of the payments.  The auto loan was paid off in 2004.  I paid off the balance of the chapter 13 to the trustee in March of 2005.  The bankruptcy was completed and discharged the following month, April 2005.

Now it is 2009, and we are well past the seven year mark from the date the bankruptcy was filed (12/2001).  All accounts associated with the bankruptcy as well as any public record of the bankruptcy were removed in January, 2009 - except for one.

Nissan is reporting that the auto loan was included in bankruptcy in October 2007.  This is the only black mark on my credit report.  I have disputed this with all three CRA's on several occasions.  I've also disputed this by writing to Nissan and including copies.  They never bothered to reply to me and they just keep reaffirming the date of October 2007 where the CRA disputes are concerned.

My FICO is above 740 on all three reports.  I bought a new house last year.  I have purchased two new cars since the discharge and I have more credit cards than I can shake a stick at (though only one of them has a balance.)  I get excellent rates on all types of financing with ease.

It's been a long, tough road and I'm tired of fighting. Obvously,the date that Nissan is reporting is incorrect.  But should I bother to fight with them any more?  If so, what on earth do I need to do to get Nissan to report the 12/2001 date (which would not be reported by the CRA's)?  Is it time to get an attorney?  One side of me thinks I should just leave well enough alone.  The other side of me won't rest until every shred of evidence of the bankruptcy is obliterated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nissan Auto reporting wrong BK date

bump.  Nobody has any idea how to get NIssan to report the correct date?  Are my only two options really to dispute with CRA's and to write letters to Nissan?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similiar problem with my bk. i finally ended up sending copies of the bk to all 3 reporting agencies showing my date was right. It worked for me. Took me 3 months of arguing but bumped my credit score up like 50 points once i proved it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

nissan wont care about the copies. You need to prove it with the credit reporting agencies. Their the ones that have to change it if their wrong and will notify nissan of the problem.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.