cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Reporting 90+ days later 35 times AFTER Chapter 7 discharge!

tag
sprint
Established Member

OC Reporting 90+ days later 35 times AFTER Chapter 7 discharge!

Hello all,

I posted about this once before and I am still in need of assistance. I had a credit card with Victoria's secret through WFNNB. I filed Ch 7 BK in 2005. They have reported me as being 90+ days late 35 times AFTER THE BK DISCHARGE!! I have disputed this with Ex, TU, EQ and WFNNB and NOTHING! I supplied the bureaus with all of the information on the BK, even though it's already listed! I contacted WFNNB and got the run around. The first time I called I was told that it wasn't them reporting, that it was someplace called NCO recovery. When I called NCO they stated that they purchased the account but found that I had filed BK. So I called WFNNB back and after explaining myself they recycled me through their automated system several times and I got a guy that was willing to talk to me. (I was polite the whole time, just wanting to get this corrected). I explained everything for the 1000000 time and was told there is nothing they can do. I can write a letter to their back office but that he is not able to remove anything because he doesn't think they are violating any laws!!! I contacted the office of my BK attorney and he hasnt called back. I don't need the account removed, I just want it updated to show IIB. If there were any lates showing before the IIB, thats fine, but all of these are AFTER I really want removed. I am ready to get pre qualified to buy a house and really dont want this to hold me back.

Message Edited by sprint on 11-22-2009 03:22 AM

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: EQ - 676 TU - 668 EX - 693
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OC Reporting 90+ days later 35 times AFTER Chapter 7 discharge!

First rule in dealing with CA's:  Never call them, write to them and request written responses.  Verbal conversations will, as you have learned, get you nowhere.

Write a letter of dispute to the CA.  Include a copy of your discharge including them as a creditor, a copy of the page with them reporting after discharge, and a request that they correct the report within 30 days and to provide to you, in writing evidence of such actions.  Send this CMRRR.

You can also file disputes/complaints with the BBB, state AG, FTC and possibly a claim against their bond as a debt collector.  But do everything in writing....phone calls are worth their weight in gold....breath weighs nothing....worth nothing.

I learned this the hard way myself.  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 11-23-2009 09:58 AM
Message 2 of 4
sprint
Established Member

Well I know I need to write them but I couldn't get an address unless I talked to someone. Then they want to know why you want an address, blah blah blah. It really amazed me that they thought they werent violating anything by reporting me as 90+ days late after a debt was discharged. I'm mailing my letters off tomorrow CMRRR. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Message Edited by sprint on 11-24-2009 02:41 AM

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: EQ - 676 TU - 668 EX - 693
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

sprint wrote:
Well I know I need to write them but I couldn't get an address unless I talked to someone. Then they want to know why you want an address, blah blah blah. It really amazed me that they thought they werent violating anything by reporting me as 90+ days late after a debt was discharged. I'm mailing my letters off tomorrow CMRRR. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Message Edited by sprint on 11-24-2009 02:41 AM

I see that you've got it all taken care of, so this is really just an FYI for future reference. If you pull your credit reports from the CRAs you should be able to find the mailing address for any creditor listed. Good luck! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.