cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaning the same card that was included in bankruptcy.

tag
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Re: Obtaning the same card that was included in bankruptcy.

@sewinlove wrote:

Capital One forgives. I filed 1/30/13 and was approved for $300 CL on 3/11/13. Not much, but it's a start!

Thanks for the info!  Cap one was one of the creditors I burned.  

Message 11 of 16
hrguy
Valued Member

@doxiemom wrote:

I have the same question about GE.

GE will let you back after a burn.  It varies though, the analyst will say 2 years after discharge, but many have gotten them before then.  I think it depends on how well you clean-up after discharge - and if you can obtain an instant-approval.

Filed BK 7: 2/28/2012 | Discharged: 7/24/2012
POST BK APPROVALS:
NFCU nRewards Secured Visa: $1000 7/12| Apple FCU Secured Visa: $1000 9/12
Toyota Finance Lease: 0% | 0.0008 MF 10/12
Barclay Apple Finance Visa: $2200 1/13
NFCU cashRewards Visa: $2500 3/13

Message 12 of 16
hrguy
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a BOA secured card, and I tried to get approved for a Regular Credit card, and they denied me, saying I had a prior BK on my credit report from 2005. They would not even give me a partially secured credit card. I applied for my first secured visa card, with my own deposit money in 2007 and the BK was on my credit report then, but now they are refusing me for all credit cards. BOA is very unfriendly for anything negative on credit report, even a unpaid medical bill and especially collections. I have paid my Secured credit card on time with them and have never been late but they still refuse me any other type of credit card. Stay away from BOA, because they will probably deny you.

I agree, in-fact they made me so mad with their secured product I just let it end up in my BK.  5 years after having the secured card (pre-bk) and being able to get a 0% car loan, several major cards and a mortgage and never being late, they would not allow me to graduate.  So I am quite sure I am on their blacklist.

As of lately, they are denying the secured cards to BK applicants, I guess to spare them the worry of asking for graduation they will never approve.

Filed BK 7: 2/28/2012 | Discharged: 7/24/2012
POST BK APPROVALS:
NFCU nRewards Secured Visa: $1000 7/12| Apple FCU Secured Visa: $1000 9/12
Toyota Finance Lease: 0% | 0.0008 MF 10/12
Barclay Apple Finance Visa: $2200 1/13
NFCU cashRewards Visa: $2500 3/13

Message 13 of 16
forest007

I also burned Capital One in a chapter 7 (discharged 10/12) and was approved for a Capital One unsecured card $2000 CL in 1/13.

Starting Score: FAKO 558
Current Score: FICO 675
Goal Score: FICO 700 by 9/14,FICO 720 by 3/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

I filed 7 back in July 2012 and was discharged in November 2012.  I included Cap1 and I've yet been able to get back in.  When I've applied I've been told that I have too much past debt owed to them.  Hopefully I can back in one day, manily for auto financing with their blank check.

Message 15 of 16
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

I filed 7 back in July 2012 and was discharged in November 2012.  I included Cap1 and I've yet been able to get back in.  When I've applied I've been told that I have too much past debt owed to them.  Hopefully I can back in one day, manily for auto financing with their blank check.

Try Wells Fargo for auto financing.....I got a loan 3 months post dicharge through them at only 10%....

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.