Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occupancy inspection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Occupancy inspection

I just got a visit from an occupancy inspector for fannie mae. Does this signal the start of the foreclosure process? Our mortgage was IIB discharged in 07/15. We have not made any payments.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Occupancy inspection

Yes. I believe that is one of the steps. Are you current in your payments?

Message 2 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got a visit from an occupancy inspector for fannie mae. Does this signal the start of the foreclosure process? Our mortgage was IIB discharged in 07/15. We have not made any payments.

Yes, in fact, you may even see a lis pendins filed in the public records already.  To check it out, go to the Clerk of Courts website for your county and pull up your name to see what is recorded.  At least that is how it is here ....

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we did not reafirm and are not making payments.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. I will check tomorrow and see if anything is filed. Do you know how fast the foreclosure will be if it has been filed? We are in Alabama if that helps.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are in Tennessee and once the process started, they were ready to auction within a few months. I would definitely start looking for other housing options at this point. Good luck.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cruz! Was hoping to make it until June. We'll see.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.