cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older GOOD credit lines removed skewing age of credit....

tag
nightspd1

Older GOOD credit lines removed skewing age of credit....

I declared BK in 11/07 and was discharged in 04/11.  It's scheduled to completely drop off my credit reports this month (1 already has from 1 agency), but I had a question about older lines of credit.

Some of the older items on my credit, including a car loan i paid off completely w/o ever missing a payment, my initial mortgage and some other lines that I never had a problem with, apparently rolled off my credit.  Now, from my understanding, it's at the discretion of the credit issuer, however I'm assuming this affects the age of my credit, and as a result lowers my FICO score as most of my accounts on my credit history are all within the last 2 years.  

Is this normal practice, or should those items NOT have rolled off.  And if so, should I or CAN I, get them put back on there?  I have older credit reports I've saved that reflect this information, but I'm not sure what the correct move is here?

Thanks for the help, this forum as truly educated me! Smiley Happy

-Chris

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Re: Older GOOD credit lines removed skewing age of credit....

I know you didn't ask but it sounds like you had a bk13 since your discharge is years after your filing. If this is the case a bk13 remains for 7-71/2 years on your reports. It may fall a month or two prior but it legally should remain 7 yrs unlike bk7 that reports 10yrs. Based on your post you filed 11/07 if so then yours won't fall until 11/2014 unless that was a typo on your part.

Anything that has been paid in full and has been removed is gone for good. There is no way to get them back unfortunately. Yes your AAOA will be affected. AAOA is just a portion of your score that will come back with time.

Sounds like you still have 2yrs under your belt, so if you have a good mix your scores should rise just fine.

Others will chime in with other advice soon.

Best of luck!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
nightspd1

Yes i'm sorry, fat fingered that, it was 11/06 and a chapter 13 BK

But yeah that kind of sucks about items that have rolled off my credit.  

Thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 6
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Oh ok. Cool. Yeah my bk13 was due to fall in Oct but fell off in August and one actually was removed with the help of a credit repair company in May. Surprised yours are still hanging on. Well, the wait is almost over. My scores didn't go up when mines came off but maybe yours will.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Hey, on the bright side congratulations that your BK is due to fall off your reports soon! Bet that feels awesome!!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@nightspd1 wrote:

I declared BK in 11/07 and was discharged in 04/11.  It's scheduled to completely drop off my credit reports this month (1 already has from 1 agency), but I had a question about older lines of credit.

Some of the older items on my credit, including a car loan i paid off completely w/o ever missing a payment, my initial mortgage and some other lines that I never had a problem with, apparently rolled off my credit.  Now, from my understanding, it's at the discretion of the credit issuer, however I'm assuming this affects the age of my credit, and as a result lowers my FICO score as most of my accounts on my credit history are all within the last 2 years.  

Is this normal practice, or should those items NOT have rolled off.  And if so, should I or CAN I, get them put back on there?  I have older credit reports I've saved that reflect this information, but I'm not sure what the correct move is here?

Thanks for the help, this forum as truly educated me! Smiley Happy

-Chris

Were these accounts closed?  If so, positive accounts that are closed can stay for up to 10 years (+/-) from the closed date.

It isn't the creditor that purges these accounts, rather the CRA.  And yes, unfortunately, it will affect your AAoA.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.