Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-time payments pre BK not help credit score

tag
carolina98
Contributor

On-time payments pre BK not help credit score

Please help! I do not understand what's going on with my TransUnion/Equifax credit reports, which shows zero late payments, yet I have a FICO Transunion Score of 599!

I filed for Bankruptcy in Feb. 2011 but paid my bills up to the day of filing. There was only one account out 11 accounts that went 30 days late. On my Experian credit report, it shows many accounts had reported me 30 to 60 days late anyway after filing. I disputed those today. But on my Transunion credit report, it doesn't show the payment history of these accounts included in BK, just that they are adverse. (I bought CR from Transunion and FICO to be sure.) So it seems that TransUnion doesn't consider if I was 6 months late on an account or never late, just that it's included in BK, and that's what a Transunion rep told me. How is this possible?? I paid these accounts up to BK to keep my credit good, but apparently Transunion/Equifax doesn't compute on-time payments with BK, yet Experian seems to. I'm shocked!

Could someone please advise me on this. How can this be?!! FICO says my Transunion credit score is 599 because of a bad payment history and late payments, which I don't have! According to my FICO report for Equifax, I also have bad payment history and recent late payments, which I don't have!! Ecquifax-FICO score was 628. How can they accurately say I have late payments when I don't have them. (FICO shows in its summary that these accounts in BK were "60 days late or worse". They were not late!, but in BK, yes.) There seems to be no way to dispute anything here because the accounts included in BK show no payment history.

DO NOT PAY YOUR BILLS BEFORE FILING!!!! You're wasting your money big time. I paid my bills and don't have late payments, but it did not help me at all. All they care is that you filed BK.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bakodon1
New Visitor

Re: On-time payments pre BK not help credit score

HaHaha  Welcome to the real world.  Have the same situation.  84 months of on time payments that is not counted into my FICO or other scores.  Big 3 refuse to list the good, only the bad!  Just a note:  Every account (11) show April-2009 first late.  Did not file until July 2009 and all where on time until June 2009. HUH!!!!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.