cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once bankruptcy is complete, is it reasonable to expect entries to be removed from credit report?

tag

Once bankruptcy is complete, is it reasonable to expect entries to be removed from credit report?

I had a bankruptcy that was discharged a year and a half ago.

I still have about seven entries on my Experian credit report that shouldn't be there. One I paid and six are accounts were included in a bankruptcy.

Would I get good results from disputing these and requesting that they be removed? My Experian FICO is a lousy 629, due in part I think to these entries.

Thoughts?

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Once bankruptcy is complete, is it reasonable to expect entries to be removed from credit report

Each of those entries is to remain until 7-1/2 years from the DOFD.

However, each should read iib and zero balance.

If they don't read iib (included in bankruptcy) and zero balance, then dispute with the CRA. I am assuming that you have a credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com and not directly from Experian. If not, then get one from there before you dispute to see exactly what is on your report.

Message 2 of 4

Re: Once bankruptcy is complete, is it reasonable to expect entries to be removed from credit report

The thing is...they're not on the other two reports. Just Experian. I just want to dispute them and see if I can get them taken off.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 3 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@triedtogetacardandcouldnt wrote:

The thing is...they're not on the other two reports. Just Experian. I just want to dispute them and see if I can get them taken off.

The previous post gave you the best possible recommendation but you still ask about disputing.

Therefore, please tell us what exactly you plan to dispute and then we may be able to offer other recommendations. Also, the fact that a tradeline appears in one report and not another is very common. Not all creditors report to all three agencies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.