Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Nevada Credit Union - Post BK Secured CC Question

tag
casmith1980
Established Contributor

One Nevada Credit Union - Post BK Secured CC Question

I'm considering opening checking/savings/rebuilder loan and possibly a secured CC with One Nevada Credit Union (in Las Vegas) after my discharge goes through.  I was wondering if anyone happens to know if their secured cards graduate to unsecured after a specific timeframe? 

Thanks and Merry Christmas! Smiley Happy

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One Nevada Credit Union - Post BK Secured CC Question

Hello fellow Las Vegan! 

So, OneNevada is on our radar for rebuilding after our scheduled discharge, fingers crossed on 1-25-15.  I emailed OneNevada this morning to ask the same question and this is what I just got back: 

Thank you for your email. Your Secured Visa credit card will not convert over to a Regular Visa credit card. You will be required to apply for a new Visa credit card and your credit will be pulled at that time to determine your rate.

If you should need further assistance please contact the Member Service Center at 800-388-3000.

Although I was really interested in the card, I'm disappointed that it doesn't graduate.  We will still pursue OneNevada just to start a CU relationship.  

Happy Rebuilding!

Message 2 of 3
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: One Nevada Credit Union - Post BK Secured CC Question

I too received the same response from One Nevada.  A little bummed since I kind of wanted to use them for all my rebuilding needs - oh well.  Looks like I'll just be opening the savings / rebuilder loan with them.

(after reading through online reviews, it's probably best to steer clear of them for the checking account)

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.