Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 14 months post bk and back to normal credit

tag
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Re: Only 14 months post bk and back to normal credit

The listing of the creditors are the accounts OP has received since bankruptcy discharge and the amounts next to them are the credit limits.
FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 11 of 30
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Paturner don't get discouraged. If you already have 3 accounts that are reporting, in 3-6 more months you should be able to apply for some better cards ad long as your scores improve and your utilization is not that high.

All accounts includes in your BK should report with a zero balance and state they were included in BK in the comments section. You shouldn't have an negative reporting for accounts that were included after your BK filing date.

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@srloring13 wrote:

All accounts includes in your BK should report with a zero balance and state they were included in BK in the comments section. You shouldn't have an negative reporting for accounts that were included after your BK filing date.

IIB is a negative reporting, isn't it?

For me, CCT shows each IIB as late (even though I was never late on any payments). CCT says these are the only negatives I have, other than BK.

Message 13 of 30
kugel
Valued Contributor

Correct the the number are the available credit limits with zero balance I am not carrying  balances I learned  my lesson after the bk

Just giving u advice it's easy to to get a bunch of store cards after bk but  don't  go for for it wait longer and apply to normal and better cards that  will keep growing later with higher limits 

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're really lucky there, @Kugel. All three CRA's have shown my own BK on their reports so I'm kind of stuck there.

Message 15 of 30
kugel
Valued Contributor

Yes the bk not reporting in equifax really opened my door
Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Any idea how that happened with Equifax?

Congratulations on your rebuild!
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanation.

Message 18 of 30
kugel
Valued Contributor

No idea I read here some had it not reported in tu and equifax possible a glitch ones they didn't report it wen u filed it will never be reported
I disputed some of the negitive accounts so equifax is all clean
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Oh, I already know about the store type cards.  I have only had one of those in my life (back in 1994; it was with Gordon's Jewelers) and I paid them off and closed it.  I have never wanted these type of cards because with a regular credit card (MC, VISA, etc.), you can always purchase anything you want at these stores as well.  My route will be a 13, as I have a house and auto that I need to keep.  Auto will be included in bk; mortgage will not.  I know with 13, they tell you that you can't get any new credit for a set # of years (between 1-3, I think).  Best of luck on your continued rebuild journey.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.